I need a crystal ball.

So I have to decide tonight whether or not to enroll Lexi in the ABC Headstart program.  Basically it’s a preschool program that has a huge language focus and most of the kids enrolled will also have speech issues.  I’ve heard nothing but wonderful things about the program and I really think that Lexi would love to go to school 4 days a week.

Then why the hesitation?  Why haven’t I picked up the phone and started the registration process?

Simple answer, I’m afraid of losing the help she’s getting now.

you see her vocabulary is great, it’s the letter sounds she has trouble with, and right now she’s getting help with exactly that. What I’m afraid of is putting her in a class with 15 other kids is she won’t get the exact type of help she needs.  On the other hand there is a speech language pathologist (SLP) there two out of the four days, that’s got to be a good thing right?

But do the kids get individualized attention?  Small group therapy?  Will she get pulled out if she needs more help?

I’m waiting to hear from the SLP that works on site, but she’s not in until Wednesday or Thursday, and I have to enroll Lexi tomorrow.  And I have to give her current SLP my decision on Wednesday at group.

So heads or tails?  Yes or no?

I need a crystal ball.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s